Tuesday, May 5, 2015

NOT A FAREWELL FOR ANNIE AND MAX DARLING....GUEST BLOGGER CAROLYN HART


Meow!

Originally, Carolyn's post was to be an homage to her popular “Death on Demand” series featuring Annie and Max Darling, with the latest release, DON’T GO HOME (out May 5!). However, the following week Carolyn informed me that she'd decided to continue the series!  Now, in the below post, she explains why she just cant say goodbye to Annie and Max Darling! 





                                           Farewell to Annie and Max:  NOT

                                                   Carolyn Hart



         I penned a Farewell to Death on Demand this spring, but a funny thing happened on the way to Life Without Annie and Max. A knock on my door. There stood Annie, a glint in her steady gray eyes, a determined tilt to her chin. “What are you thinking?” Max was right behind her, his usual easy going smile absent. “No more island sunshine? No alligators basking on a bank? No more laughter?” Annie and Max looked me in the eye and said, “We’re here to stay.” 
    Do I want to see the displays at Death on Demand, catch up on the new mysteries, talk about old favorites? Or drop into Confidential Commissions and have a slice of Barb’s lemon pie?
    Oh, yes. The scent of the ocean, the rattle of magnolia leaves, the grace and elegance of Spanish moss, hot heavy summer days, windy walks on a chilly winter beach, all await on the small sea island of Broward’s Rock. I’ll see everyone again, ebullient Annie, charming Max, curmudgeonly author Emma Clyde, mystery maven Henny Brawley, ditzy mother-in-law Laurel Darling Roethke, intense reporter Marian Kenyon, stalwart police chief Billy Cameron, observant officer Hyla Harrison . . .
    I realized I’d miss them too much. So I changed my mind and hope to write their 26th adventure as soon as Bailey Ruth persuades a lovelorn  ghost to climb the shining stairs to Heaven.
    And now for Annie and Max’s 25th (and continuing) adventure:
     DON’T GO HOME – Annie is hosting a party to celebrate a successful Southern literary icon and island native and his best selling novel, Don’t Go Home. The local newspaper announces that the author intends to reveal the real life island inspirations behind his characters and the dark secrets in their lives. Reporter Marian Kenyon, Annie and Max’s good friend, quarrels bitterly with the author. When his body is found, Annie knows her friend will be a suspect. Despite an array of people who feared the author’s revelations and Annie’s promise to Max that she will steer clear of sleuthing, Annie is drawn into the hunt because the police may close the book on Marian unless Annie finds the truth.
 
 

Carolyn Hart

 Thanks Carolyn! Annie and Max's many fans are thrilled that their adventures will continue!


In tribute to Annie and Max Carolyn has donated a signed ARC of DON’T GO HOME to be given to one lucky commenter!

To enter, leave a comment on this blog post with your name and email address (entries without email will be disqualified). For extra entries, you can do any or all of the below:



* Follow my blog (+ 1 point)
* Follow me on Twitter (+ 1 point) (Link: https://twitter.com/RoccoBlogger)
* Tweet about the contest (+ 1 point)
* Friend me on Facebook (+ 1 point) (Link: https://www.facebook.com/ToniLotempio)#!/

* Mention the contest on Facebook (+ 1 point)
* Mention the contest on your blog (+ 1 point)


Winner will be chosen at random using random.org.  Don’t forget to mention all you’ve done in your comment. Contest ends midnight, May 9! Good luck!

8 comments:

  1. I love it when characters take over the plans! I wish yo all the best..and sign me up!
    I am a Friend,
    I follow on FB,
    I mentioned on FB
    I Follow the blog
    I follow on Twitter,
    I tweeted
    Tonette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this series will continue.
    I friend on FB.
    I follow your blog via email
    I mentioned on FB.
    I am a friend.
    Itsacatslife17@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy this series will continue. It's always so sad when a series has finally ran it's course and we must say goodbye. robeader53@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear the news.
    We are FB friends and I've linked this there
    I visit regularly
    I don't tweet and I don't have a blog
    libbydodd at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! grammyd01@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thrilled to know there will be more Annie and Max novels. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that Annie took charge and convinced you to continue the series!
    I am an email subscriber and also follow on twitter and facebook.
    suefarrell.farrell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this series and always look forward to a new book to see what Annie and Max are up to. I'm actually reading "Death at the Door" right now. So happy the series will continue.
    I follow your blog
    Follow on Twitter @cupcake5858
    I tweeted
    Friend on Facebook: Margaret Rushton
    Mentioned on Facebook
    scarletbegonia5858@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete