Friday, April 1, 2016

No fooling around....guest poster Elizabeth Lynn Casey!

MEOW, my guest poster this weekend is author Elizabeth Lynn Casey! (No fooling, LOL)
Elizabeth writes the Southern Sewing Circle mysteries and her alter ego, Laura Bradford, writes the Amish mysteries and the upcoming Emergency Dessert Squad mystery series!

And now.....here's Elizabeth/Laura!

Who’s Writing This Anyway?
By Elizabeth Lynn Casey (aka Laura Bradford)

I remember the day I got the contract for the first three books in my Southern Sewing Circle Mysteries like it was yesterday. I was sitting at my desk (which was in my bedroom at the time) and I’m pretty sure the neighbors on both sides of me heard that scream. Heck, I can still hear it in my own head sometimes.
Nearly eight years has come and gone since that phone call, and the members of the Sweet Briar Ladies Society Sewing Circle are still going strong. They’ve weathered storms of the literal and figurative variety like nobody’s business and in doing so, they’ve earned a spot in the hearts of their loyal readers.
That’s right, their loyal readers.
Yes, I write them, but, honestly, at this point, it feels a lot more like I’m simply taking dictation. These characters have carved out such a hold in my head and heart that they actually feel like real people—real people that can get mighty bossy if I try to make even one of them do something they don’t want to do.
They’ve made me laugh. They’ve made me cry. And they’ve surprised the heck out of me more times than I can count.
Take for example the moment I sat down to start writing book # 11, NEEDLE AND DREAD (April 5th release). Imagine my surprise when Leona (think Blanche from the Golden Girls) decides she wants to open a sewing shop in Sweet Briar.
Now for those of you who have followed this story, the thought of Leona owning a shop isn’t that farfetched. After all, she owns Elkin Antiques & Collectibles already.  But what is surprising is the kind of store. Why? Well, despite being a member of the sewing circle, Leona doesn’t sew. At all.
Okay, so her demand to open a sewing shop was odd enough. But she didn’t stop there. She decided she needed a business partner—someone who is a bit more versed in sewing.
But when the identity of said business partner emerged in the forefront of my mind, I literally shook my head and said, “no way.”
Leona didn’t listen.
And Rose, the sewing circle’s matriarch and Leona’s longtime nemesis, took the job.
Rose.
And Leona.
In business together.
Somehow, they made it happen and before I knew it, I had a book I’ve been chomping at the bit to get into the hands of my readers.
On April 5th that will finally happen.

***
NEEDLE AND DREAD, the 11th book in the Southern Sewing Circle Mysteries by Elizabeth Lynn Casey, will release on April 5th. The book can be pre-ordered now.  A 12th book will follow in 2017. Stay tuned for more details on that.

***


Elizabeth Lynn Casey is the pseudonym for Laura Bradford.  Laura (aka Elizabeth) is the author of several mystery series and a handful of romance novels. She is a former Agatha Award nominee and the recipient of an RT Reviewer’s Choice Award.  In her free time, Laura enjoys making memories with her family, baking, playing games, and catching up with friends. In addition to the Southern Sewing Circle Mysteries she writes as Elizabeth Lynn Casey, Laura also pens the Amish Mysteries and the upcoming Emergency Dessert Squad Mysteries (Éclair and Present Danger, Book # 1, will debut in June).
For more information, visit Laura’s website: www.laurabradford.com  or get to know her even better on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/laurabradfordauthor, and on Twitter:  @bradfordauthor


Elizabeth will give away a copy of NEEDLE AND DREAD to one lucky commenter! to enter,
To enter, leave a comment on this blog post with your name and email address (entries without email will be disqualified). For extra entries, you can do any or all of the below:


* Follow my blog (+ 1 point)
* Follow me on Twitter (+ 1 point) (Link: https://twitter.com/RoccoBlogger)
* Tweet about the contest (+ 1 point)
* Friend me on Facebook (+ 1 point) (Link: https://www.facebook.com/ToniLotempio)#!/
* Mention the contest on Facebook (+ 1 point)
* Mention the contest on your blog (+ 1 point)

Winner will be chosen at random using random.org.  Don’t forget to mention all you’ve done in your comment. Good luck!

Contest ends midnight, April 3!

14 comments:

  1. I really enjoy this series. Happy to see a new one. Congrats.

    Follow and Facebook

    gibsonbk at hiwaay dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. writemyessay
    Great story! I am a real cat lover and I enjoy everything that has something in common with cats, everything about cats and CATS themselves. I have three fluffies at home. ;)
    I like the style of Elizabeth Lynn Casey. Thank you for such a great post. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big fan! seascapelife at gmail dot com . Lexie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fantastic this series keeps going. The Sweet Briar Ladies Society Sewing Circle have become a part of my reading agenda. Thanks for the chance to enter your giveaway. I am a friend on facebook and shared it there. robeader53@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sewing circle ladies are always fun to read about. Thanks for the contest.
    I am an email subscriber and also follow on facebook and twitter.
    suefarrell.farrell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the title of the book and it is always a hit to read about sewing circles i used to be in one and the gossip was so good! Thank you so much for the giveaway ptclayton2@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvelous enticement for a book on my 'must read' list. Thanks.
    kat8762@aol.com
    * Follow my blog (+ 1 point)
    * Follow me on Twitter (+ 1 point)
    * Tweet about the contest (+ 1 point)
    * Friend me on Facebook (+ 1 point)
    * Mention the contest on Facebook (+ 1 point)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review,can't wait to read this book. Following blog,twitter and Facebook.
    diannekc8(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I would love to win this! I am currently reading Wedding Duress. I just finished reading Taken In! I'm really enjoying this series!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in owe of writers and ones that can handle multiple series and aliases are particularly amazing.
    I visit regularly
    We are FB friends and I linked this to my page
    I don't tweet or have a blog
    Libbydodd at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't figure out how you authors who have more than one series going at the same time can keep them separated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoy this series! Fun post and glad to hear at least one more is in the works. Thanks!
    JHolden955(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete