Sunday, August 2, 2020

ROCCO reviews STRONG FROM THE HEART

MEOW!

Today I am reviewing a novel by an author both the Human and I love:  Jon Land.  You may know him best as Jessica Fletcher's new writing partner in the Murder She Wrote series, but Jon has done other books as well...the  most notable being his Caitlin Strong series!



Caitlin Strong wages her own personal war on drugs against the true power behind the illicit opioid trade in Strong from the Heart, the blistering and relentless 11th installment in Jon Land's award-winning series.

The drug crisis hits home for fifth generation Texas Ranger Caitlin Strong when the son of her outlaw lover Cort Wesley Masters nearly dies from an opioid overdose. On top of that, she’s dealing with the inexplicable tragedy of a small Texas town where all the residents died in a single night.

When Caitlin realizes that these two pursuits are intrinsically connected, she finds herself following a trail that will take her to the truth behind the crisis that claimed 75,000 lives last year. Just in time, since the same force that has taken over the opiate trade has even more deadly intentions in mind, specifically the murder of tens of millions in pursuit of their even more nefarious goals.

The power base she’s up against―comprised of politicians and Big Pharma, along with corrupt doctors and drug distributors―has successfully beaten back all threats in the past. But they’ve never had to deal with the likes of Caitlin Strong before and have no idea what’s in store when the guns of Texas come calling.

At the root of the conspiracy lies a cabal nestled within the highest corridors of power that’s determined to destroy all threats posed to them. Caitlin and Cort Wesley may have finally met their match, finding themselves isolated and ostracized with nowhere to turn, even as they strive to remain strong from the heart.

If you like a hard hitting thriller with plenty of action this is the book/series for you!  We give this one a definite five paws!!!!!! Pick it up today!!!!!


Win ROCCO's review copy!!!!!

Leave your name and email addy in our comments section below!  winner will be chosen at random by MAXX.  Ends midnight, August 10.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you,Rocco!

    Debbie Puksar
    dpuksar@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. How about a signed hardcover to give away instead of your galley? That's the least I can do in exchange for such a great review and your continued support. You can send me the name and address of the winner and I'll handle fulfillment from my end. Thanks again, Toni!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for all the great books, Jon. Will do!

      Delete
  3. Five paws says must read to me. Sounds very exciting. I'd love to add this to my bookshelf.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com
    Mary Preston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great book. I really enjoyed the description of the book and I'm looking forward to reading it. Thanks for the chance.
    diannekc8(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the review. Caitlin sounds like a great character. Thanks for the giveaway!
    Jana-
    turtle6422 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great book. Thanks for the review and chance! Marla: mbradeen [at] yahoo [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Everyone,This was how me and my Boyfriend became VAMPIRES. I got a guy from the internet called Lord who was a VAMPIRE so i told him that me and my boyfriend would love to become a VAMPIRES so he asked me of my Name ,Country, Age ,State , address and in the next 3 days i got the blood sample through the DHL which me and my boyfriend took in the blood into our body and in the next 30 minutes we turned into a VAMPIRE so if you are interested in becoming a VAMPIRE. First: Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books, Sure. I understand. You are young; you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete