Thursday, June 3, 2021

Anniversary Time - TC and her agent, Josh Getzler!

Meow!  Today marks 10 years that the human, better known as T. C. Lotempio, signed with her literary agent, Josh Getzler!!!!!!!!  Josh is responsible for getting the Nick and Nora mysteries into print (both incarnations) as well as the Cat Rescue Mysteries and both incarnations of the Pet Shop Mysteries!  And, we hope, more to come!!!!!  The Human has a few words to say about her lovely agent!








Thanks ROCCO!

Getting started as a writer isn't easy.  You need, first of all, a good manuscript.  Then,  more often than not, you need a good agent, someone who knows what they're doing, who to contact, what houses are right for your novel, etc.  

I had to kiss a lot of frogs before I found my prince, but find him I did!  Ten years ago I sent Josh 50 pages of a novel about an allergic vampire slayer.  He read it, loved it, and signed me on as a client on June 3, 2011.  To date we have yet to sell that manuscript, but we did go on to sell three other series:  the Nick and Nora mysteries, the Cat Rescue mysteries, and the Pet Shop mysteries (recently re-released as Urban Tails Pet Shop Mysteries.) And here's how it all happened:

2011:  I send out 100 queries on my manuscript, SLAY ME ONCE.  Two agents offer repreentation.  I sign with Josh and his new agency, Hannigan Salky Getzler, on June 3, 2011.

January 14, 2013:  After a rewrite and Hurricane Katrina wreaks havoc, MEOW IF ITS MURDER, the first Nick and Nora, sells to Penguin!

December 2, 2014:  the first Nick and Nora is published.

2015/2016 - We shop around PURR M FOR MURDER, and it's finally published (after rewrite) by Crooked Lane.

2017/2018 - I write a story about a former actress, Shell McMillan.  Shell had many professions before she finally became a pet store owner and Midnight Ink bought the book in February of 2018.

2020 - We find a home for Nick and Nora and the Pet Shop mysteries at Beyond the Page!  They are publishing Nick and Nora 4-7 and Pet Shop 1-4.  And who knows, maybe more!

I have high hopes that Josh will continue to sell my manuscripts - hopefully, the two he's got right now LOL.  and there might be some other things up his sleeve, who knows???????   I look forward to another ten years with him!  (Oh, and I never thought Josh would be a cat person...but as you can see from the photo above, he's been converted!)

And who knows....he just  might sell that allergic vampire series someday!!!!!!!!


In honor of our anniversary, Josh has agreed to do ROCCO's Fast Five!





How do you get out of a bad mood?

 

I go out for a run with my wife. We've been running for around 3 years, and during Covid it turned into the thing that kept us from losing our minds. And with three (pretty grown-up) kids, a dog, and a cat with us in our apartment, it was one of the only ways the two of us had time alone together! It makes us happy, and lets us be together and solve the problems of the world.   
 
What hobby/interest are you a little obsessed with?
 
I play drums, and get really relaxed and zen behind the drum set, even though I'm more academic than emotional about my playing. I just like doing something very different with my brain, and it makes me incredibly happy, even when I'm not very good.
 
On what topic do you feel qualified to give advice
Baseball (ROCCO's note:  we should mention that Josh formerly owned a farm baseball team, the Staten Island Yankees!  So the man knows his baseball!!!!)
 
What was your best family vacation?
The northwest coast of Costa Rica for Passover a few years ago. It was gorgeous, relaxed, and a very different environment from where we usually hang out.
 
If you could live anywhere other than NYC, where would it be?
London, without any question; then Rome, then DC. I could live in any of those cities like a native in very short order. But I will never leave NY (except maybe for a sabbatical in London when the kids are out of the house...) 


Happy Anniversary, Josh and TC!

In honor of our anniversary, I'll give away a signed print edition of the Purr M for Murder paperback recently released by Harlequin.  Leave your name and email address in our comments section below to enter.  Contest closes midnight, June 10.  US entries only, please.

16 comments:

  1. Congrats to you for your 10th anniversary with your agent that is quite a milestone! peggy clayton ptclayton2@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER WITH EFFECTIVE RESULT EMAIL DR GREAT AT INFINITYLOVESPELL@GMAIL.COM OR WHATSAPP HIM +2348118829899

      OMG!! This is certainly a shocking and a genuine Testimony.. I visited a forum here on the internet on the 15TH OF MAY 2021, And i saw a marvelous testimony of this powerful and great spell caster called DR GREAT on the forum..I never believed it, because i never heard nor learnt anything about magic before.. Not a soul would have been able to influence me about magical spells, not until DR GREAT did it for me and restored my marriage of 8 years and brought my spouse back to me in the same 24 hours just as i read on the internet..i was truly astonished and shocked when my husband knelt down begging for forgiveness and for me to accept him back.. I am really short of expressions, and i don't know how much to convey my appreciation to you DR GREAT you are a God sent to me and my entire family.. And now i am a joyful woman once again.. Email Dr Great at

      infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com 

      Add him up on WhatsApp +2348118829899

      BLOG http://infinitylovespell1.blogspot.com






      POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER WITH EFFECTIVE RESULT EMAIL DR GREAT AT INFINITYLOVESPELL@GMAIL.COM OR WHATSAPP HIM +2348118829899

      OMG!! This is certainly a shocking and a genuine Testimony.. I visited a forum here on the internet on the 15TH OF MAY 2021, And i saw a marvelous testimony of this powerful and great spell caster called DR GREAT on the forum..I never believed it, because i never heard nor learnt anything about magic before.. Not a soul would have been able to influence me about magical spells, not until DR GREAT did it for me and restored my marriage of 8 years and brought my spouse back to me in the same 24 hours just as i read on the internet..i was truly astonished and shocked when my husband knelt down begging for forgiveness and for me to accept him back.. I am really short of expressions, and i don't know how much to convey my appreciation to you DR GREAT you are a God sent to me and my entire family.. And now i am a joyful woman once again.. Email Dr Great at

      infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com 

      Add him up on WhatsApp +2348118829899

      BLOG http://infinitylovespell1.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on you 10 year anniversary! Nice to read about your writing journey. Keep the books.coming.
    Dianne Casey. diannekc8(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice column today! Congrats on your 10 year anniversary and for finding such a great agent. Love the books and love ROCCO!
    Sally Schmidt, sallycootie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very best wishes on your tenth and here's to many more productive years together!
    libbydodd at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your big anniversary! Keep writing! lindaherold999(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I’m happy you kissed all those frogs until you you found your prince! You write what I love—cozies with cats and/or dogs. Thank you! 😃📚

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everyone! Now Josh just has to sell some more books!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks everyone! Now Josh just has to sell some more books!!!!dog bed wholesale

    ReplyDelete

  9. It made sense when you said that kittens need to be vaccinated for feline herpesvirus since there's no cure for it. My husband and I want to find a good local vet before adopting a kitten from a shelter next week. Thanks for teaching me what vaccines we'll need to get from the vet to ensure our kitten stays healthy and is protected from common issues!Nodytalk

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Bengal cat is a unique example of the successful crossbreeding of wild and domestic breeds. They are active, playful, and sociable pets. The Bengal breed combines the best features of their ancestors: not only an attractive appearance, but also intelligence, curiosity, activity, and friendliness. Learn more about Bengals at Bengal Cat Breeder list

    ReplyDelete
  11. Overall, while boiled food with no oil content and minimum spices may be an option for some dogs with specific dietary needs, it's not necessarily the best or only option for all dogs. A balanced and varied diet, in consultation with a veterinarian, is key to keeping your dog healthy and happy.dog rocks




    ReplyDelete
  12. Once you've chosen a puppy, it's important to establish a routine for feeding, potty training, and exercise. Consistency is key when it comes to training a new puppy, so try to establish a schedule and stick to it as closely as possible.

    Make sure to provide your new puppy with plenty of love, attention, and socialization. This will help them to develop a strong bond with your family and become a well-adjusted, happy pet.giant maine coon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Overall, while boiled food with no oil content and minimum spices may be an option for some dogs with specific dietary needs, it’s not necessarily the best or only option for all dogs. A balanced and varied diet, in consultation with a veterinarian, is key to keeping your dog healthy and happy.Pet Advice Pro

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bond between humans and pets transcends language barriers. It's a silent understanding, a connection that is felt rather than spoken. They become confidants in our moments of solitude, listening without judgment. They create lasting memories, from the first time they clumsily explored their surroundings to the countless shared adventures.

    ReplyDelete