with all the crappy weather we've been having, I've had lots of time to peruse my master's DVD collection - and sadly, there are not many movies featuring cats there! All of which led me on a quest to actually FIND MOVIES THAT PROMINENTLY FEATURE CATS!
After all, there are a ton where the faithful dog gets the press - what's wrong with us felines? We're a pretty damn loyal bunch, if I do say so myself. Ok, we're mainly loyal TO ourselves, but what the hey! it still counts.
So, Kitties, I came up with these: (and no, CATWOMAN does not count as one, regardless of whether it's Michelle Pfeiffer or Halle Berry. Sorry. :))
1. That Darn Cat - Hayley Mills : Siamese cat shows up with a clue to a robbery, and the FBI races in.
2. The Aristocats - Phil Harris - : Family of cats, set to inherit a fortune, find themselves in grave peril.
3. The Incredible Journey - : The story of three pets, a cat and two dogs, who lose their owners when they are all on vacation. Can they find their way home?
4. Cat from Outer Space - Ken Berry - : A UFO is stranded on earth. Its pilot, a cat with a collar that has special powers, needs the help of a man named Frank in order to get back home.
5. Three Lives of Thomasina - Patrick McGoohan - A tabby cat reunites a young girl and her widowed vetinarian father.
6. Lady and the Tramp - "Siamese cat twins do a great song and dance, even though they are portrayed as villanous!
7. Pinocchio - Figaro, Pinocchio's faithful companion.
8 & 9: Garfield the Movie and Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties - Bill Murray. Not one but TWO movies featuring America's favorite chubbette red tabby.
10. Bell, Book and Candle - Kim Novak, Jimmy Stewart - and PYEWACKET, ostensibly the most famous movie cat ever! Cool, sleek - and he got to cuddle with Kim Novak!
Well, there's my listing, Kitties! If y'all can come up with others, I'd enjoy hearing about them. (Please note: most of the movies are Disney. Now what does that tell you! Sure, he portrayed most of 'em as villians,but still....they had featured roles!)