Monday, March 26, 2012

ROCCO loves...KIDS NEED TO READ! Fundraiser Plans!




MEOW!

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a cat who likes to put his tail behind a worthwhile cause, and one of the best I've found is KIDS NEED TO READ, a charity co-founded by Nathan Fillion, PJ Haarmsma and Denise Gary.  Last year the HUMAN had a fundraiser and participated in an anthology whose proceeds went to KNTR (with my approval, of course).

Above is a photo of one of the co-founders, Denise Gary, with a picture I sent them!  (PJ and Nathan have similar photos) 

This summer the HUMAN will once again host a fundraiser, in conjunction with our new feature, character interviews - so you all can look forward to my fanfic interview with RICHARD CASTLE!  Yes, it will be my version of what woudl happen if I got mystery novelist Richard Castle in my hotseat! (and it's fiction because, yes, Castle is a character! Although I bet lots of folks think he's the real deal!) This time instead of donating portion of the proceeds of e-books, we will have an auction via Ebay - Castle DVD, possibly a script - it's gonna be good!

Also, watch for character interviews with Queen Betsy (MaryJanice Davidson) and Sarah Dearly (Michelle Rowen) in June and August, to celebrate the debut of UNDEAD AND UNSTABLE & BLOOD BATH AND BEYOND!

Next week....author Karen Duvall in my hotseat - and a giveaway!
And the winner of our Dark Shadows giveaway is: paranormalbabe!  She will receive a copy of Kathryn Leigh Scott's RETURN TO COLLINWOOD.  Watch for your email from the Human!

Meow!


ROCCO
Incredibly Talented Blogging Cat




No comments:

Post a Comment