Monday, July 9, 2012

In my hotseat - RACHEL VINCENT!

Today my guest is the lovely Rachel Vincent!

A resident of San Antonio, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her office with two black cats (Kaci and Nyx) and her # 1 fan. Rachel is older than she looks—seriously—and younger than she feels, but remains convinced that for every day she spends writing, one more day will be added to her lifespan.

 And now...here's Rachel!

R: Hello and welcome, Rachel
R: Thanks, Rocco.

R:  Hm...just noticed we have the same first initial.  That's cool. I'll type out your full name - a little more work for my paws but you're worth it. 
Rachel: Aren't you sweet!

R: Tell us something about yourself, where you’re based, and how you came to be a writer?

Rachel: I’m a paranormal/urban fantasy writer (both adult and young adult), currently based in San Antonio. I don’t really know how I came to be a writer. I’ve been writing since I could hold a pencil. It’s the only thing I’m any good at. ;)

R: Have you ever considered writing in another genre?

Rachel: Yes.

R: You write YA and also adult UF – which is your favourite to write?

Rachel: I enjoy both, for different reasons. If that ever changes, I’d stop writing the one I no longer enjoyed. ;)

R: If any of your books were made into films, who would you have as the leading actor/s?

Rachel: I honestly have no idea. I see them a certain way in my head, so it’s kind of hard to picture them as real actors.

R: What are you working on at the moment / next?

Rachel: I’m currently working on the seventh/final Soul Screamers novel. Next up will be a brand new adult project.

R: Are you a plotter or a pantser?

Rachel: I’m a plotter. I have to be, both because my contract requires me to turn in a synopsis before writing the book, and because I have pretty tight deadlines, and I could never write as quickly as I have to if I didn’t know exactly what needed to be written every time I sit down at the keyboard.


R: What is a “must have” for you that aids the creative process?

Rachel: There really isn’t anything like that for me. I’m a professional writer. I write on deadline, for a living. I can’t afford for my day’s production to be dependant on having a certain kind of coffee or donut available.

That said, I do love to plot over a fajita dinner. ;)

R: Is there anything in particular that inspires you.

Rachel. Everything. An idea. A song. A picture. A weird what-if.

R: What do you do when you’re not writing? Any hobbies or party tricks? :)

Rachel: I play video games or watch movies with my husand, usually. 
And, of course, I read.


R: Where can we find out more about you and your work?

Rachel: My blog. Twitter. Facebook. My website.

R: What one thing would your readers be surprised to know about you?

Rachel: I dislike most cooked vegetables. Seriously. And I can’t dance. At all.


R: Do you have any advice for other writers?

Rachel: Keep writing. Keep reading. Grow a thick skin. Be willing to put in the work. That’s really all there is to this, on the creative side, anyway. ;)




Just for Fun:

Your favorite:
Movie – Mr. And Mrs. Smith, Cold Mountain, Friends With Benefits

Author – Stephen King

Book – That is impossible to narrow down. And it changes all the time. 
Though I will always love The Stand.

Tv show – Dexter. Game of Thrones. Shameless. Weeds.

Detectives or Demons – Demon detectives.

Sunrise or Sunset: Sunset. I hope to sleep through most future sunrises. ;)

Cat or Dog (Careful, now!) – Cat.


AmazonLink: 

B&N Link: 

Website Link:www.rachelvincent.com



Rachel will be giving away a copy of her "Soul Screamers, Volume 1" to one lucky winner!
To enter, leave a comment below with your name and email address. if ever-freindly BLOGGER will not let you comment, then send the HUMAN, Toni LoTempio a message on Facebook.  Contest open to US residents only. Winner chosen at random using random.org.  For extra entries you can:
Friend me or the Human on FB
Follow me on Twitter @RoccoBlogger
Friend or Follow Tate on FB and/or Twitter
FB and Tweet about this giveaway (3 extra entries)

Be sure to mention all you've done in your post/message. Contest closes midnight, July 15, Winner announced July 16.

and July 16: KICKOFF - KIDS NEED TO READ FUNDRAISER
July 17: FANFIC - RICHARD CASTLE -
July 18-28 - KIDS NEED TO READ EBAY AUCTIONS
July 31 - Carrie Vaughn!

ROCCO
Incredible Blogging Cat


4 comments:

  1. I understand, Rachel,I know it would be impossible for me to name ONE favorite book! I mean, come on<Rocco! To be a writer you have to be a reader, right?(Say that 3 times fast!)
    I always enjoy your interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rachel's books and I need to get a few of my girlfriends into her series. One is reading the shifter series so I got that far with expanding Rachel's fan list.
    Email katnequette(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Kajal Kaushal
    Kajal12.15@gmail.com

    1.I followed the people mentioned,
    2.friend-ed the Human, lol, and
    3.Tweeted about the giveaway!!

    Hope i win!

    Keep it Swaggy~Kajal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lavendersbluegreen post via FB:

    I love the Werecats series and have not read this one yet. Thanks for the interview and giveaway!

    - lavendersbluegreen@yahoo.com

    For extra entries:
    I friend you on FB
    - facebook.com/lavendersbluegreen

    I follow you on twitter - @rosemarysgreen

    I friend ?Rachel? on FB

    & follow on twitter.

    I FB

    ReplyDelete