Wednesday, October 26, 2011

In the Homestretch with...ROSE PRESSEY!




MEOW, KITTIES!
We're in the homestretch, approaching that finish line, and today our guest is author Rose Pressey!

Rose Pressey enjoys writing quirky and fun novels with a paranormal twist. The paranormal has always captured her interest. The thought of finding answers to the unexplained fascinates her.
When she's not writing about werewolves, vampires and every other supernatural creature, she loves eating cupcakes with sprinkles, reading, spending time with family, and listening to oldies from the fifties. Yeah, she loves Elvis. She can't help herself.
Rose lives in the beautiful commonwealth of Kentucky with her husband, son and two sassy Chihuahuas.

And now, Rose in my hotseat!

R:  Hello, Rose and welcome.
RP: Thanks, Rocco!

R: I know it must be a thrill for you to be interviewed by such a handsome, debonair cat such as myself.
RP: Of course!

R: To begin, why don’t you tell us a little bit about yourself and your novels? And your short story in EVERY WITCH WAY BUT WICKED
RP: I write paranormal romance and mystery with humor. I love to laugh. My husband and I live in Kentucky with our two Chihuahuas. My son is in college now.

My short story, The Witch is Back was inspired by a little antique shop I used to go in when I was a teenager. It was right next door to my grandmother’s house. I spent a lot of time in there wondering about the history of all the items.

R: In your own opinion, what do you think makes your novels different and engaging to readers?
RP: Well, my characters are quirky, so if readers like quirky with humor, mystery, and paranormal, they may enjoy my books.

R: What do you find is the biggest challenge in writing/publishing as an indie author?   Would you ever attempt to go the traditional agent/publisher route again?
RP: Getting the word out about my books was tough. There aren’t a lot of ways to accomplish this. It takes time like with most things. I am still pursuing traditional publishing. I want to be able to reach readers who enjoy print books, too.

R: Which of your series/characters do you enjoy writing the most?
RP: That’s a tough question. I love all of my characters. I guess I’d pick Larue Donavan or Veronica Mason.

R: What do you do when you are not writing?
RP: I like spending time with my family, playing with my Chihuahuas, (R: Chihuahuas!!!??? The Human says I am bigger than a Chihuahua!) reading, and bargain shopping.

R: What’s a must have for you when you are writing?
RP: Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi. Usually I need some form of chocolate as well.

R:What books are you reading now?
RP:  The Sixes by Kate White

R: Just for fun, your Favorite:
RP:
TV show: Paranormal Witness
Book: A Summer Place
Actor: Timothy Olyphant
Actress: Not sure if I have a favorite. Maybe Reese Witherspoon
Author: I love Molly Harper and her Jane Jameson series.
Character: Veronica Mason
Drink: Diet Pepsi
Spies or Spook? Spook
Vampire or Werewolf? Vampire
True Blood or True Lies? True Blood
Cats or Dogs? Dogs (R: Really? Well, I won’t hold that against you, heh heh)


R:What is one thing your readers would be most surprised to know about you?
RP: I honestly can’t think of anything that would surprise my readers. I won the title of Little Miss Christmas Queen in 1986, does that count? Ha-ha.

R: What is the craziest thing you've ever done?
RP:  Well, I usually save the crazy things for my characters. I rode from Kentucky on a Greyhound Bus all the way to California, not once, but twice. That was pretty crazy.

R: What can we expect from you in the future? What are you working on now?
RP:  I have more books in each of my series, and I’m working on a new series.

R: Do you have anything specific that you want to say to our readers?
RP:  I want to thank everyone for reading my books, and being so nice and supportive. It means the world to me.


MEOW! Thank you Rose! Folks, check out Rose’s books while you are ordering your copy of EVERY WITCH WAY BUT WICKED!  And to help you along, here are some links:



Also check out this link on the KNTR site: http://bit.ly/vxSnYR
Tomorrow: The Human! And don’t forget…our contest! Three lucky people will win a copy of Every Witch Way but Wicked!
 Friday:  a bit about Kids Need to Read co-founders, PJ HAARSMA & NATHAN FILLION!
DON'T MISS IT!



ROCCO
SCI FI BLOGGING CAT

No comments:

Post a Comment